Thursday 3 September 2009

Roti Canai @ Transfer Road, Penang

Every time I passed by Transfer Road, I always saw many people in this roti canai stall. Sometime, I even saw people standing along the road side to wait for their seat. And we were told by our friends and colleagues that the roti canai served in Transfer Road is very nice. Hubby and I were waiting for the right time to try this stall. And during one weekday when hubby on leave, we went there in the morning to grab some bites on the roti canai.
Since we went there during weekday and is around 8am++, so we managed to get a seat. While we were seated, there come a guy asking for our drink order and I ordered

Ice Tea
while I forgot what hubby ordered. Then came another guy who took roti canai order. Both of us order roti telur each and we were told that they have 2 types of curry gravy and we ordered both.
Curry Chicken Gravy
Hubby had this curry chicken gravy and we were surprise to see that it came with a big piece of chicken. And hubby told me that the chicken tastes nice and very tender. I don't have the opportunity to taste the chicken as hubby gobbles everything before I start to had mine. Guess he enjoyed his breakfast very much. ^-^
Mutton Curry
I go for the mutton curry. The mutton is not as tender as i thought it would be. As hubby told me that the chicken curry is very tender. It is still a bit hard in some part of the mutton. The curry is nice and has a nice balance of aroma.
Roti Telur
From the look of the photos, you should be able to see that the roti telur that we had is very crispy. I like crispy roti telur or just plain roti to go with the curry gravy is so fantastic.
Closed up version of Roti Telur
Saw the thin layer and crispiness of the roti telur? While writing this in the morning, makes me want to have this roti telur right now. Yum! Yum!

13 comments:

wenn said...

ya, would love crispy ones..yummy.

J2Kfm said...

wait, is this the one on jln transfer or the one on argyll road?
looks so much alike.
the curry and roti telur.

i like argyll's curry daging, spicy and infused with so much spices.

♥peachkins♥ said...

WOW! It looks good!

Tailim said...

sometimes a simple roti canai is fun. I like it with egg and a lot of bawang in it. A truly mlaysian taste.

worldwindows said...

Transfer Road has so much to offer. I wonder if the Nyonya Rest. is still around?

-j- said...

i love this place ... but everytime i suggest to go, dad and hubby always complain dirty.

foodbin said...

i always like my roti canai to be cooked as crispy as possible.

buzzingbee said...

long time didn't have roti canai already!!! the curry very attractive, not like some stalls..dhall only!!

ck lam said...

It's been a while since my last breakfast at this stall...time to go makan their roti canai.

allie said...

When I visited this stall, ppl told me about those stories :P
But I like their curry still : )

New Kid on the Blog said...

did you have the after makan effect??

cariso said...

I also same, long time didn't eat roti canai odi. Didn't snap the pic of the stall?

Unknown said...

wenn - Same taste buds ya! ^-^

J2Kfm - This one is Jalan Tranfer. But I saw the stall in Argyll Road too. Will try that next time. ^-^

peachkins - Tastes nice too!

Sin Tai Lim - Agree! ^-^

worldwindows - Which one you refer to?

Duckie - I been eyeing to this place for so long. As I don't want to bring my gal there. As been hearing many stories. lol

foodbin - Same here! ^-^

buzzingbee - This tastes nice! Should give it a try!

ck lam - Yes..... bring me along ya! ^-^

allie - Yes.... people also tell me. Why you go there? ^-^

NKOTB - No.... I did not. lol

cariso - No, I did not. lol You also go there makan? I thought you don't eat such foods. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin