My mood of baking suddenly stormed me last week and been trying out some recipe that I collected from Internet, friends, families and books. And today I am about to share with you the recipe by Amy Beh. I saw this recipe from The Star newspaper few years back and I couldn't remember when? It must be very long time. ^-^
I kept telling myself that one day I should try and bake some carrot cake as I enjoyed having carrot cake while I studying overseas. In my mind, I always think that carrot cake must be very hard to bake. And few days ago, I want to try baking something using oil as I am running out of butter after baking few batch of cookies. Then I flipped through all the recipe and I saw Walnut Carrot Muffins recipe. After browse through the ingredients, I decided to give it a try since I got all the ingredients.
Walnut Carrot Muffins
Ingredients: A. 2 eggs
175g soft brown sugar
120ml corn oil
B. (combined and sifted twice)
200g plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
C. 40g walnuts, coarsely chopped
180g carrot, grated
40g pitted prunes, chopped (I substitute this with sultanas)
1. Put ingredients (A) into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in sifted dry ingredients (B) and mix well by using a hand whisk. Do not over-mix.
3. Add grated carrot and mix then stir in walnuts and pitted prunes (in my case sultanas).
4. Spoon out the batter to fill greased muffins pan moulds to three quarter full.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree C for 20 - 25 minutes or until muffins are fully risen and cooked through.
* I would like to add more walnut and sultanas in my next baking for this recipe as I love nuts. ^-^*
I found that this recipe is easy to prepare and the outcome of the muffins are fluffy and firmed. Most importantly, it is very healthy and not sweet. It is suitable for kids and elderly. My neighbour kids and hubby love it. ^-^
Give it a try if you like Walnut Carrot Muffins. Perhaps you can try baking some of this for your mother for Mother's Day. ^-^