Wednesday 28 April 2010

Walnut Carrot Muffins

My mood of baking suddenly stormed me last week and been trying out some recipe that I collected from Internet, friends, families and books. And today I am about to share with you the recipe by Amy Beh. I saw this recipe from The Star newspaper few years back and I couldn't remember when? It must be very long time. ^-^
I kept telling myself that one day I should try and bake some carrot cake as I enjoyed having carrot cake while I studying overseas. In my mind, I always think that carrot cake must be very hard to bake. And few days ago, I want to try baking something using oil as I am running out of butter after baking few batch of cookies. Then I flipped through all the recipe and I saw Walnut Carrot Muffins recipe. After browse through the ingredients, I decided to give it a try since I got all the ingredients.
Walnut Carrot Muffins
Ingredients: A. 2 eggs
175g soft brown sugar
120ml corn oil
B. (combined and sifted twice)
200g plain flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
C. 40g walnuts, coarsely chopped
180g carrot, grated
40g pitted prunes, chopped (I substitute this with sultanas)
Method:
1. Put ingredients (A) into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in sifted dry ingredients (B) and mix well by using a hand whisk. Do not over-mix.
3. Add grated carrot and mix then stir in walnuts and pitted prunes (in my case sultanas).
4. Spoon out the batter to fill greased muffins pan moulds to three quarter full.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree C for 20 - 25 minutes or until muffins are fully risen and cooked through.
* I would like to add more walnut and sultanas in my next baking for this recipe as I love nuts. ^-^*
I found that this recipe is easy to prepare and the outcome of the muffins are fluffy and firmed. Most importantly, it is very healthy and not sweet. It is suitable for kids and elderly. My neighbour kids and hubby love it. ^-^
Give it a try if you like Walnut Carrot Muffins. Perhaps you can try baking some of this for your mother for Mother's Day. ^-^

12 comments:

wenn said...

i had tried carrot cake before and it was yummy!

Steven Goh said...

looks delicious. when do you want to cook for us?

-j- said...

i tried too but my cake was a little too dry. =(

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love carrot cake, I'm sure this muffin is delicious..

blowing peachkisses
The Peach Kitchen
peac and things

Unknown said...

wenn - yes, indeed but i mised the one with frosting on it, Might try and do next time. ^-^

Steven Goh - hhahaha..... you are good in baking, you can start baking it. :P

Duckie - Perhaps you over mix it. Sometime over mix it will create dry textures. Try do it again, mine came out ok. ^-^

peachkins - thanks. ^-^

Food For Tots said...

First time seeing your baking post. Your muffins look GREAT! Can see the texture is soft and fluffy! I will definitely bookmark it. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing more of your cooking posts in future. ;)

Little Inbox said...

I just baked a batch of banana muffins. Really soft and moist, but just wonder why the top doesn't seems like overflow that muffin used to be? Did I over mix it?

buzzingbee said...

are you baking some for us? hehe
looks very nice!!

allie said...

Looks delicious oh! When wanna bake for us? hehe

Little Inbox said...

By the way, do you know where to buy nice paper cup in Penang?

cariso said...

I don't know how to bake. You must bake for me! :)

Unknown said...

Food For Tots - Thanks! Will try to share more in the future. ^-^

buzzingbee, allie and cariso - When time allow, sure will bake some for you all ya! ^-^

Little inbox - I reply you through email already. ^-^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin