Sunday 3 May 2009

Beng Kee Claypot Bak Kut Teh @ Burmah Road, Penang

I browse through my photos and wonder what to post and i decided to post Bak Kut Teh since it has been raining for the past few days in Penang.
We went to Old Green House coffee shop during one outing last month as hubby want to have some Hokkien Mee.
It was raining when we about to have our dinner. We were lucky that we are able to get a car park just next to Old Green House Coffe Shop. When we opened our car door, the bak kut teh aroma get to us immediately.......... lol In our mind, immediately we want to have bak kut teh instead of other things. ^-^ Seem like the bak kut teh cast us the spell............. we just cannot resist the temptation.
So after sitting down, hubby went to order Bak Kut Teh from
Beng Kee Claypot Bah Kut Teh
Bah Kut Teh
This is our bowl of bah kut teh....... I think hubby ordered most of the things....... such as meat ball, spare ribs, enoki mushroom, mushroom slice, pork innards.............. Half way through the meal, hubby went to order extra meat ball for my gal. And we were filled with hot bowl of soup too..... so imagine that in a rainy day with bah kut teh...... it's just nice..... right?
Yew Char Kuih
Lettuce with meat floss
We will always order some greens to go with bah kut teh as my gal enjoyed it very much.
Yam Rice
The yam rice tasted alright.
The total price for the meal cost us RM23.60 including extra bowl of meat ball, 2 yam rice and Claypot Bah Kut Teh.

14 comments:

My Taste Heaven said...

I heard there is 'dried' bah kut teh in Penang, but never tried before. Have you ever heard about it or tried it before?

Unknown said...

My Taste Heaven - Yes.... there are "dried bak kut teh" in penang. I tried it before. ^-^

New Kid on the Blog said...

Huh?? Got dried BKT ah?? Where??
Anyway, I've tried this once last time, didn't quite like the way they cooked, probably I should go back again. Thanks for sharing.

minchow said...

Ahhh!! This is torture! I am trying to start the week vegetarian, and the first thing I see is this post!

Steven Goh said...

the old green house has a lot of great food at night leh. The bah kut teh is nice and also the hokkien mee is great too.

Anonymous said...

yam rice with BKT...i can only wat this perfect combination in Penang...here in Ipoh, i have not seen yam rice before!!

foodbin said...

a pot so full of ingredients-yummy and cheap!

worldwindows said...

BKT may not be doing so well esp in such dry and hot weather the last week.

Big Boys Oven said...

wow BKT in penang, must try the penang one soon! :)

buzzingbee said...

oh yes...rainy day and a bowl of bak kut teh...very nice.
The yam rice looks good.

**忻忻妈咪** said...

One of my favourite BKT stall! Love the soup and yam rice

Unknown said...

NKOTB - Yes.... got. ^-^ No worry as everybody have different tastes bud. May be the soup base does not suit you. But I am sure there are other BKT suits you. ^-^

550ml jar of faith - You make me laugh. ^-^ I am sorry to torture you. ^-^

Steven Goh - I agree with you. The hokkien mee is nice. Will try togo back next time for other foods. ^-^

SimpleGirl - Nevermind, come Penang and makan. ^-^

Unknown said...

foodbin - Yup...... ^-^

worldwindows -In Penang, it's raining most of the time for the past few days. ^-^

BBO - But I missed the Klang one. ^-^

buzzingbee - Yes.... so warm after having BKT. Go and try it out! ^-^

忻忻妈咪 - wow... your favourite stall. Glad that you enjoyed the BKT. ^-^

SeowJiao said...

thanks for supporting it. =)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin