Monday 25 May 2009

Gim Hin Cafe @ Sungai Dua, Penang

I have been busy for the past weeks with visitors flocking in one after another and also busy with my gal revision for exam. And now.... still busy... but I decided to take some time out to do some blog posts. ^-^
So today I chose to blog about "Chu Char" since all the photos have been uploaded. We wanted to try this restaurant for long long time. And if you are familiar with this area, you will know this place. It is always full of people. As mostly I think it is student from USM.
Gim Hin Cafe
Front part of Gin Hin Cafe
While we were seated, one uncle came and take our orders. Hubby asked the uncle what is the best seller dishes. Uncle replied...... "all of our dishes are ho chiak and best selling". ^-^
Then uncle asked what kind of foods we would like to have....... then after much conversation with the uncle, hubby ordered:
Steam Fish ~ RM15
As for the fish, it is very fresh.
Mantis Prawn with dry chillies ~ RM8
At first we thought that my gal will not have this since it is stir fry with dry chillies. But end up she finished most of this. As she loves it very much.
Marmite Chicken ~ RM8
Hubby ordered this for my gal but end up she doesn't like the way it's cooked. They are using chicken breast to cook this marmite chicken. They deep fried it first. So it makes the chicken a bit hard and crispy. It is also a bit salty to our liking but off course I am the one who finished it since it is not good to waste foods. ^-^
Stir fry vegetables with bean paste ~ RM5
Everybody loves this dish. We thought that this dish would be salty too since it is cooked with bean paste. But out of surprise, it is not salty at all. So this plate of vegetables finished in no time. ^-^
Overall..... the foods are nice and it is very cheap too. The above meal cost us RM38.10 (including 3 rice). Cheap???

11 comments:

minchow said...

The mantis prawns and Marmite chicken flavours are a bit too close for comfort for most people, no?? I like them both though, so not too much of a problem for me! :-D

Little Inbox said...

I know this cafe. :P

foodbin said...

the chu char in Penang are so reasonable.

allie said...

always pass by this place but never step my foot inside :P

Selba said...

Seriously, I'm so hungry looking at the Mantis Prawn with dry chillies picture *drools*

cariso said...

Yes, super cheap! just like the Jia1 Er4 restaurant nearby.

Anonymous said...

even in ipoh difficult to get this type of price...really

sakaigirl said...

yep, the place is known for cheap and large portion of food

J2Kfm said...

very cheap. i know because i've been eating there during uni days. :)
ahhahah ... normally went for their individual meals ie : fried rice, noodles, etc.

Unknown said...

550ml jar of faith - when you are back give it a try!

Little Inbox - I think many people know this place. ^-^

foodbin - yes.... I agree with you.

allie - Perhaps you should drop by one day and try it. ^-^

Selba - Come over to Penang and try it. ^-^

Unknown said...

cariso - It's been long time that I did not dine in Jia Er.... ^-^

SimpleGirl - ah... then come Penang... bring you makan. ^-^

sakaigirl - yes... I saw a big plate of fried rice just for one person.... so cheap and large portion. ^-^

J2Kfm - Ya.... I saw many USM student dining there. ^-^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin