Friday 29 August 2014

S' Corner Central Market @ Brinchang

S' Corner Central Market is a place that you can shop for fresh vegetables, mushroom and fruits. 

FRESH ASSORTED MUSHROOM


The most interesting places that I would recommend my reader is to visit the mushroom section. Here, I saw different species of mushroom. Some I never see it before. And you can also buy the fresh mushrooms. They are packed in plastic bags. 
I bought some of the mushrooms back and tried. Well, for a mushroom lover like me, I can enjoyed all of the mushroom bought but if you cannot stand the strong mushroom aroma, perhaps you only buy the usual mushroom will do.
Aren't they beautiful?








FRESH STRAWBERRIES




STRAWBERRY YOUGHURT WALNUT MUFFIN


My gal loves strawberries and cherry tomatoes very much. So we brought few packages of strawberries. And some we eaten in Cameron Highlands after washing it. Then few we brought it back. After I came back from Cameron Highlands, I freeze the strawberries.
After few days passed, I almost forgot about the frozen strawberries. I wonder what should I do as not much left in the freezer. Then I google for strawberry muffin recipe.
Then I came across several different recipe and mix and match and came out with the following recipe:

Ingredients: 
2 cups Self Raising Flour(SRF)
1/2 cup castor sugar
120gm butter (melted)
2 eggs
1 cup strawberry youghurt (I use two small tub of Nestlé Youghurt)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 box strawberries ( I use frozen strawberry and cut cubes)
1/2 cup toasted walnut (I cut into pieces)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. Sift SRF and Castor sugar into a large mixing bowl.
3. Place melted butter, eggs, youghurt and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and slowly fold all the ingredients until just combined.
5. Add strawberries and  toasted walnut. Then fold to combine.
6. Bake 20 - 25mins or until cooked. 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin