Thursday 5 February 2009

T.G.I Friday @ Queensbay Mall

We have heard lots of complained about their services and foods for this restaurant. However, when I saw what2see post out their desserts, I am so curious to try it out. :D
I visited TGI Friday overseas before few years back and the foods are very delicious. So when TGI started operating in Queensbay Mall, I told hubby that we should pay them a visit, but we kept postponed till last December.
T.G.I Friday's Restaurant & Bar that we visited is located at
Lot GF 131 & 139, Ground Floor,
Queensbay Mall,
100, Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Lepas,
11900 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Tel: 04 - 641 3363



Some of the interiors setting of T.G.I Friday's
This is for kid who dine @ T.G.I Friday's.
This is good as it occupies the kid with lots of games, so parent's can enjoyed their foods. lol


Green Slush

Strawberry Lemonade

Kids Meal - Spaghetti Marinara with Italian Meat Sauce
While we were there, we were told that if we order one main course, we entitled a free kid meal. lol And since my hubby and gal wanted something to eat. So this is a very good deal.
My gal told me that the spaghetti tastes ok. A bit too sour for her liking but she managed to finish most of it.



Dragonfire Chicken
"A plump, juicy, fire-grilled chicken breast is glazed with a fiery chili-garlic sauce with sherry then served over savory rice, pineapple pico de gallo, Mandarin oranges and steaming broccoli in Cilantro-Lime dressing." ~ from http://www.fridays.com.my/html/menu-mains.html
This is hubby ordered. Hubby comments that the chicken is a bit spicy and salty for him and the rice has a nice aroma of herbs.
3 Dessert Minis
They are running promotion for 3 dessert Minis for RM9.90. You have 5 types of dessert mini to choose from ~ Mocha Latte, Snickers Treat, Tropical Delight, Strawberry Parfaith and Chocolate Oreo Mint Crunch.
And I have not much choice left as I was told by the waiter that the Snickers Treat and Mocha Latte has been sold out. So I ordered the following 3 minis:
Tropical Delight
"Scrumptious coconut custard sprinkled with toasted coconut flake and pieces of fresh sweet pineapple." ~ from http://www.fridays.com.my/html/menu-desserts.html

Strawberry Parfaith

"Delectable, creamy-rich vanilla custard crowned with a juicy-fresh strawberry." ~ from http://www.fridays.com.my/html/menu-desserts.html

Chocolate Oreo Mint Crunch
"Irresistible velvety, chocolate-mint custard covered with crunchy Oreo® cookie crumbles." ~ http://www.fridays.com.my/html/menu-desserts.html
Overall..... the dessert minis..... are really cute. Very small. My gal favourite out of the 3 minis is Chocolate Oreo Mint Crunch. I guess usually kids will opt for chocolate. lol And hubby loves the Tropical delight and I like the Strawberry Parfait as it is well balance of sweet and sour. lol
*********
On the beginning of this posting I mentioned that I heard lots of complained about their services and I would like to share with you my opinion about the services in this restaurant when I dine in last December.
When we entered the restaurant, we were politely greeted by the staff. And after finding out how many person are dining, they lead us to our table. We were then introduce to a waiter. We were told that the waiter will serve us for the day. And we were given some time to browse through the menu. The waiter came and take our orders and he also recommended some of the foods for us.
At first, I order Mocha Latte and Snickers Treat for dessert minis. And after the waiter found out from kitchen that they have run out of both, he quickly came back and kept apologise to me and asked if I want to change to other flavours. And you can easily get hold of the waiter if you need anything. So I think their services are very good. lol

10 comments:

gill gill said...

we've tried once few months ago. Their food was not up to par. very disappointed.

Food Paradise said...

gill gill - I agree with you. In term of foods, I think they need lots of improvement. The one I tested overseas is much more better than this. lol

Anonymous said...

The food is so-so but they Mini Desserts are very good...looks like its time for me to get some.

cariso said...

I nvr like TGIF's food. Dessert, perhaps can try it out and see.

cariso said...

I nvr like TGIF's food. Dessert..perhaps can try it out since you ppl say it's good.

Food Paradise said...

Ck lam - yes, foods so-so only. lol
Cariso - You go and try it one day. And wait to see your review. lol

J2Kfm said...

in fact i've dined in Queensbay's TGIF twice, and the service was impeccable both times.

though the last visit was a bout half a yr ago. food-wise, the quality of cooking paled in comparison to the ones in KL.

but maybe I ordered the wrong stuff?

Food Paradise said...

J2Kfm - I have not try the one in KL yet. So I am not too sure about their tastes. However, if compare to overseas, it is definitely a big gap. lol

BC said...

Their burger and beef ribs are quite good for me hehe... For service, it's quite ok for me too since they give free Friday's balloon to my little boy every time and free refill soft drinks~

Unknown said...

BC - I never try their burger. May be I should drop by to try their bureger some day. ^-^

Blog Widget by LinkWithin