Tuesday 27 May 2008

Shrimp Toast

I saw this from dumex newsletter few days ago (however I substitute the spring onion and put dried herbs) and today I decided to cook it for our lunch. It is very easy to do and I think it is good for party too. Gal help me to coat the shrimp with egg and put on top of the bread. She is having fun.
Ingredients:
* 12 large prawns
*1 egg
* 2 tablespoons cornstartch
* Dash of salt and pepper
* 3 slices bread
* Dash of dried herbs - rosemary, basil and oregano
* Vegetable Oil
Method:
Step 1 - Take the shells off the shrimp and cut a slit down the back of each shrimp to de-vein.
Step 2 - Beat egg and add cornstrach, salt, pepper and dried herbs. Toss in the shrimp and coat throughly in the egg mixture.
Step 3 - Put one shrimp on each bread quarter and press down gently. Brush a little of the leftover egg mixture onto each shrimp.
Step 4 - Heat oil in a frying pan or wok and cook four at a time on medium heat until nice and golden. Drain on paper towels.
And I serve that with a simple salad - japanese cucumber and tomatoes with thousand island. Since I still have some egg mixture left, I coated one piece of bread with remaining mixture and cook. It taste nice and full of herbs aroma. It taste crunchy too!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin