Monday 17 August 2009

Road Side Hakwer Stall in front of Honda @ Jalan Sungai Pinang, Penang

We have been wanted to patronise the hawker stall in front of Honda at Sungai Pinang for a long time. And finally we make our way there without my gal as she is schooling. We learned from our friends that there are always pack with people most of the time. So we choose to go during weekday. But the verdict is still full of people. But we managed to get a seat. ^-^
The only things in my mind is to try the mee sua as it is very popular in this place. So the first things hubby went to order is
Duck Drumstick Mee Sua
When the Mee Sua arrived, both hubby and I both reckon that the mee sua must be very soft judge by the look. As we don't really enjoy the noodles textures being over cooked. So as usual, captured some photo of the foods and hubby starts to dig in. And he told me that the mee sua textures is ok.
This bowl of duck drumstick mee sua is mine as hubby had the pork spare ribs and stomach mee sua. My bowl of mee sua tastes nice and the textures of the mee sua suits my taste buds. Once we parked our car nearby the stall, we already smell the herbal aroma came from this stall. And the soup base are full of herbal aroma and the duck drumstick is very tender.
The herbal uses for the soup base such as dang gui, wolfberries, dried mandarin peel and....... (p/s note: It has a very strong herbal aroma!!!!)

Pork Spare Ribs and Stomach Mee Sua
This is hubby ordered. And hubby loves it very much. But the spare ribs is not very tender compares to the duck drumstick. ^-^ At first hubby thought that the soup base for both mee sua are the same. After I tried hubby soup base, I told hubby that I prefer mine. Then hubby tastes some of the duck drumstick and he agrees with me. Hooray! I make another better choice than him again!!!! lol
We were sitting in front of this moving around motor bike selling chai koay and or koay. And hubby saw the wording " A TRY WILL CONVINCE YOU". Ah..... he was thinking why not give it a try! So he ordered some chai koay and "oh" kuih from the uncle as following:
Chai Koay and "oh" kuih
2 different chai koay
Look at the skin of the chai koay. It looks nice right? Well, both the chai koay taste nice.
"Oh Kuih" (Yam)
I am very particular with "oh kuih" as most of the place you get you cannot get the textured of the yam. And nowadays, most of the people nicely blend it. But I still prefer my "oh kuih" have some cube yam in there. And this stall "oh kuih" have few yam cube in there. The tastes vice is not bad.
Nasi Lemak
After hubby finished his breakfast, he is waiting for me as I still take my own sweet time to enjoy my breakfast. He looked around and he spotted the nasi lemak stall and he told me he went there and check it out. When he returned, he came back with a plate of nasi lemak. lol
But he make a good move though. As if he did not check it out this stall, we will not savour this nice aroma and tasty nasi lemak. The sambal uses were so tasty and the rice has a great aroma that hubby thought of "take away" for our gal. But after much discussion, we did not bought her that as we worried by the time she come home from school, the nasi lemak might be spoilt.
After school, hubby told her that we went to have a nice aroma and did not take away for her as we scare that it spoilt and she kept complaining that we always go to have some nice foods while she is busy schooling. lol We promised her to bring her there to try one day.
Business Hour: 8am - 1pm (Closed on alternate Sunday)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, the nasi lemak really got my attention....lovely...guess u gal will enjoy it ya!!!

New Kid on the Blog said...

wah ... pak toh breakfast session, hor??? :)

lots of people giving good comment on the Duck drumstick mee sua, but I find it so so only.

BIg Boys Oven said...

waah so many lovely food you had ate, I ant that duck drumstick! :)

Little Inbox said...

Wah, big breakfast for 2 of u ler.

My Taste Heaven said...

The nasi lemak seems good to me!

foodbin said...

a real good spread of food for breakfast!

vialentino said...

wow wow...nice foodie blog here.....nice to meet u too...

allie said...

Agree with NKOB, me too found the mee suah so so only. But the nasi lemak looks good. Will go back and try it out :)

NaNcY tEo's page... said...

walao! make me regret for not booking my fare to penang next year... my saliva dripping liao... :P

buzzingbee said...

my mum always make chai koay, so I seldom buy from outside.
The nasi lemak looks very nice wor! Didn't ta pau for me??!?! :P

cariso said...

I always get thirsty on the way back home after eating that stall's ark tui mee sua. Hmm....perhaps...

Unknown said...

SimpleGirl - Yes... the nasi lemak is nice. Will let her try it next time and hope she love it. ^-^

NKOTB - Ya.... once a while go dating. ^-^ Every one have different taste buds right? But I still find the best mee sua is cook by my auntie. ^-^

BBO - come and get it this September ya!

Little Inbox - yes... very big breakfast so next time you see me, I will grow 2x bigger in size. lol

My Taste Heaven - Go and try it. I like it as has nice aroma.

foodbin - yes, indeed.

Unknown said...

vialentino - Thanks for dropping by! You have a nice blog. ^-^

allie - yes.... go and try it out!

Nancy - You can always booked another one. lol

buzzingbee - really? next time asked auntie to make me some leh.... no need ta pau la... go eat together lor. lol

cariso - ah...... thirsty ah.....^-^

vialentino said...

the food u went for is almost same as my taste...hehehe....

but recently really no time to go for food hunt...

worldwindows said...

The duck soup noodles good? Miss it. And why so many pieces of petai? So generous.

Food For Tots said...

The duck drumstick mee sua reminds me of the Bidor duck noodles. The nasi lemak makes me feel so hungry now. Really miss it a lot.......

Rebecca Saw said...

my! the nasi lemak how much ah? so any stuffs! I like!

The chai koay looks god, not too oily as i dont like those oily ones..but here they shortcut hor? No "pleats".

aiyoo..yr gal gal very lucky lor..last time my dad also dont ta-pau food for me!

Unknown said...

vialentino - Then perhaps we have the same taste buds. lol When you free then go for foof hunt!

worldwindows - Give it a try next time. Yes...the nasi lemak owner is very generous. lol

Food For Tots - Ah Bidor duck drumstick mee sua? Wah would like to try it too! The nasi lemak is very tasty. lol

thenomadGourmand - The nasi lemak around RM5++ lol but tastes nice. Ya chai koay a bit short cut. ^-^ So you envy my gal hor..... lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin