Thursday 16 June 2011

EL CASA Wine & Dine Restaurant

Today, I am going to blog about a place that I have visited last month. I am very busy after review foods from this restaurant. I told myself that I have to spare myself sometime to write up the post since "Father's Day" is this weekend and you might be able to bring your family there to celebrate the special occasion.

EL CASA Wine & Dine Restaurant
Address:  No. 2, Jalan Irrawady, 10500 Penang.
Tel & Fax: 04 - 2299223/ James 012-9793318/ Colin 017-5729988
Operation hours: 11:00am – 3:00pm; 6:00pm – 10:00pm (7 days a week)
Google Map GPS : 5.425589,100.321537
There are ample car park place in front and besides EL CASA. After I park my car, I spotted that they have garden sitting area (with ceiling fans). And I was told the restaurant themes are blue and white. hmm....... I wonder what does the interior looks like?

When I entered the premises, I saw some Santorini painting on the wall and wide selection of wine from France, Australia, Chile and etc. Have you ever heard of a place call "Santorini"? It is located in the southern Aegean Sea, southeast from Greece's mainland. I have not been there but my sister in law been there, so I knew this place once I saw the paintings on the wall. And you can see from the photos above, they have a nice interior. I like the blue ceiling. It looks like blue sky with star. ^-^
EL CASA Wine & Dine Restaurant is strictly Pork Free Restaurant and Strictly Home made, no MSG use in their food. Free  Wi-Fi and non smoking for the indoor dining area. For those who like to smoke, you can opt for the outdoor garden areas.

Tomato Soup - RM6.90 (Daily Chef’s Homemade Special Western Cream Soup)
Note: * All kind of soup served with garlic bread*
And the soup of the day is Tomato Soup. It is basically blend tomato, celery, onion and etc. If you are tomato soup fans you can give this a try. But since this is a daily chef's homemade special western cream soup, it will change everyday.

Homemade Puree of Forest Mushroom Soup – RM6.90 
The specialty about this puree forest mushroom soup is they use wild mushrooms and blended together and top with sauteed potato and drizzle with thyme herb olive oil. I love the mushroom soup as it had its fragrant mushroom tastes.

EL Casa Salad – RM11.90
This is their Signature Salad. It consists of mesclun lettuce,  green apples, and crouton with a touch of our special homemade honey mustard dressing which compliment the whole dish. It actually includes sun-dried tomato but since the sun dried tomato for the day that they got is not up to their standard so they did not include in the salads. That's why you cannot see any sun-dried tomato in the salad. I suggest either they can add on the fresh tomatoes.  ^-^

Pan-Roasted Sea bass Fillet with Arrabiata Sauce - RM19.90
It serves with sea bass fillet pan-roasted spicy Italian tomato sauce with mixed herb wedges, sweet corn and sauteed garden vegetable. I like the way that they pan roasted the sea bass. It was a bit crispy at the outer part of the sea bass. If you like arrabiata sauce, then you can give this a try.

 Charcoal Grilled Hawaii Chicken – RM13.90
It is a grilled boneless chicken drumstick with Chef’s finest homemade tropical barbeque sauce  accompany with pineapple ring, french fries, sauteed garden vegetable and sweet corn. The chicken is tender and juicy. 

Spaghetti Seafood Cabonara – RM18.90
It is basically creamy sauce cook with squid, fish and prawns with spaghetti and garnish with parmesan cheese and French baguette toasts. I don't really fancy of the creamy type of sauce. As usually it makes you full after a few spoonful of this type of creamy spaghetti. ^-^ If you are cabonara lover, may be you can give it a try!

Sirloin Steak 180 gm – RM28.90
Sirloin Steak of around 180gm accompanied with sauteed garden vegetable, potato wedges and black pepper sauce. 

Pan-Roasted Fillet of Norwegian Salmon – RM27.90
 This one of the Signature Dishes. And frankly speaking, I enjoyed it very much. I am sure that my gal will enjoy this also. Salmon fillet were pan roasted topped with mixed herb lemon butter sauce and served with mixed herb mashed potato and sauteed garden vegetable. I will certainly go back for this and with their promotion now. You can have this for only $29.90 (with soup, desserts and glass of wine). ^-^

Flower Teas ~ Organic Green – RM6.90, Jasmine – RM5.90,   Pink Rose – RM6.90, Red Tea – RM5.90 and  Chrysanthemum – RM5.90
There are 5 different range of Flower Teas to choose from and price vary as well. Organic Green help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, strengthens the immune system and anti aging. Jasmine helps cool the body, refresh mind, help catharsis, regulates aging and constipation. Pink Rose regulate blood circulation, purifying, cleansing and detoxifying, help skin appear glowing and youthful. Red Tea is anti-oxidant-rich, caffeine free tea conferring substantial health benefits. Chrysanthemum helps treat cough, expectorant, anti-oxidation, enhance immunity, inhibition of blood cholesterol and high blood pressure.


     Home Desserts – RM5.90 
 
EL CASA Wine & Dine Restaurant PROMOTION

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin