Thursday 13 November 2008

SOY

Location: G- Hotel - 168A Persiaran Gurney, 10250 Penang.
Tel: 04-2380000
Business Hour: 12pm -2.30pm
After shopping @ Gurney. We decided to get some lunch around Gurney. And hubby decided to try SOY. Actually, he is asking us to choose SOY or MIRAKU. My gal decided to go SOY.
At first we were wondering why it is call SOY. We thought it is SESAME SOY. Then I asked the waiter there and he told me for lunch it is calls SOY and for dinner it is calls SESAME. lol For SOY's, it offers Asian fusion delicacies and for SESAME's it offers more Chinese foods. SESAME also offer 7 courses & 8 courses set dinner starting from RM58 to RM98 per person.
SOY's also offers business set lunch as the following menu for RM22++:
For the business set lunch, you can create your own 2 courses set menu with either an appetizer + main course or main course + dessert.

Interior of SOY + SESAME
Table set up
Chillies + Sambal
After you make your order, we were served with this deep fried fish with chillies sauce. The fish is very crunchy and the chillies are not very spicy as my gal can take it. lol
Our drinks - Honey Dew Juice, Orange Juice and Watermelon Juice
Well.... for their juices, it is not very sweet but it is a bit mild. lol
Tiger Prawns and scallops
Hubby did not go for the set lunch. He order Tiger Prawn and scallops . And it turns out to be only 3 tiger prawns (not very big) and scallops. lol But it tastes ok.
*****Please note if you are Citibank card members, you are entitle to get 15% from the Ala carte menu*****
Mum and I decided to go for set lunch. lol And I decide to try 1 appetizer and 1 desserts. Following are the appetizer:
Duck Yam Roll
I was told by the waiter that this is the new appetizer. The duck yam roll and the sauce is not bad. There are 3 pieces of duck yam roll in this appetizer.
Zoom version of the interior of duck yam roll
Mum go for the Salmon Head in Congee with Shitake Mushrooms
Well....... it is basically salmon head with some marinate sauce. The Salmon is very big and mum shares some to us. She gave some to hubby and me. And the salmon is very fresh and tasty. However from the congee you can taste a strong aroma of salmon fish which I don't really like it. lol
XO prawns with Spaghetti
I order this for my business set lunch. And it tastes not bad. I let my gal tries some and she comments that it is a bit too spicy for her. lol And I let my hubby had half of my spaghetti since he only had 3 tiger prawns + scallops + salads. lol And he comments that mine is the best out of 3 main course. lol

Blueberry Crumble with vanilla ice-cream
This is the desserts that I ordered. I let my gal try the crumble and she loves it. However, I find it a bit too sweet. But if you go with the fruits, it is ok as it has the sourness from the fruits and dip with ice-cream. What a nice meals that end with such as pretty deserts. lol

2 comments:

cariso said...

I wanna go odi! Business set lunch covers Saturday or not har?

Food Paradise said...

Cariso - we went there last Saturday. So confirm got business set lunch on Saturday. :P Go and do review of the foods. I will be waiting to see it on your blog. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin