Tuesday 3 May 2011

Sweet-i (The Sweet Temptation Sweet House) @ Jalan Sg. Dua, Gelugor, Penang.

The weather in Penang is hard to predict. It's raining heavily today and next day it's a hot day which make you sweat. This kind of weather make lots of people fall sick. 
Whenever it's hot weather, I always feel like having some desserts. When I have time, I usually cook some Chinese desserts or herbal tea for my family. 
However, for the past few months I have been really busy and I found a place that I could have different kinds of desserts whenever I feel to have some. I went to this place with my family and try out some of the desserts. And few weeks ago, I revisited with a bunch of friends again to try out the different varieties of desserts offer by Sweet-i.
I would say most of the desserts there are not too sweet compare to other desserts place that I have tested before. And each desserts in Sweet-i were full of ingredients. You can see it for yourself from the following:
Sweet-i
Sweet-i desserts all covered inside the pots
Sha Shen Red Dates Medlar White Fungus Winter Melon Soup (糖炒参冬瓜红枣枸杞雪耳) - RM4.50 (each packet), RM4.80 (each container)
I always cook winter melon soup but never try to cook it in desserts basis. And it is something different for me. This Sha Shen Red Dates Medlar White Fungus Winter Melon Soup main ingredients were the white fungus, red dates, winter melon and medlar.
The first thing in my mind is to taste the winter melon. It was shredded like glass noodles. And tastes soft. It was quite special for me. ^-^
Green Bean Sago Sweet Potato Soup (番薯西谷米绿豆沙) - RM2.70 (each packet), RM3.00 (each container)
I have tried this before in my previous visit with my family. I usually will order this while I am outside having desserts. The reasons being that my hubby and gal do not like mung beans. My hubby family mostly take red beans instead of mung beans. However, it's totally different story for my family. I always remember that my mum will always cooked us mung beans whenever we feel heaty inside our body. 
The Green bean sago sweet potato soup have generous amount of sweet potatoes, mung beans and sago. I feel this a bit sweet for me compare from the other desserts. May be due to the sweetness from the sweet potatoes. ^-^
Pumpkin Sago Glutinous Rice in Coconut Milk (南瓜诺密椰香西米露) - RM3.00 (each packet), RM3.30 (each container)
When this appear on the table. Some of us hope that it would be mango sago. As few of us are mango fans. ^-^ However, this was pumpkin sago glutinous rice in coconut milk. It was quite nice. Providing that you love pumpkin. It does not taste too sweet. 
Black Sesame Soup
Black Sesame fans out there. You can drop by to try this out. If you like very thick black sesame soup, you will definitely love this. Hubby had this in his last visit too. But he cannot finished it since it was too thick for him. He tries his best to finish it but he failed. As his stomach started to bloated. ^-^
Ginger Dates Coralline Algae (姜枣海燕窝)- RM3.50 (each packet), RM3.80 (each container)
When this being served, my confinement memory all flash back. It has the aroma of what I used to consume during my confinement period. My MIL will always cooked the black dates tea for me to drink. I don't really enjoy too strong ginger kind of person. If you love ginger very much, please do try this out. However, it is kinda heaty.
Lily Bulbs, Red Dates, Fungus, Coralline Algae (海燕窝百合红枣雪耳露) - RM4.50 (each packet), RM4.80 (each container)
This is another kind of desserts I would order as it's not easy to get all the ingredients together. Many works should be done in order to have all the ingredients together. Ingredients for this bowl of desserts include lily bulbs, red dates, white fungus and Coralline Algae.
Lotus Seeds Ginkgo Nut Red Bean Soup (莲子白果陈皮红豆沙) - RM3.30 (each packet), RM3.60 (each container)
Hubby always cooked us red bean soup whenever we request. I love the combination of this bowl of desserts as it includes not only red beans but also ginkgo nuts, and lotus seed. ^-^
夏枯草桑叶菊花茶 [清肝降火] RM2.00
枣仁菊花龙眼茶 [ 失眠熬夜者饮用] RM3.50
For those who cannot read Chinese. There are 2 different kinds of tea we tested in our review. The first one is the herbal tea with mulberry leaves and chrysanthemum. This tea is to help you to get rid of the heats from your body. When you feel heaty, you can buy some to drink.
The second one is for people that who can't sleep well and work very late at night to consume. It consists of dates, chrysanthemum and dried longan. Both of the teas are great to consume.
 I bought one  bottle each of this back to share with my family and they love it very much. ^-^
Black Glutinous Rice (Bubur Pulut Hitam) (黑糯米粥) - RM2.00 (each packet), RM2.30 (each container)
Any black glutinous rice fans out there? Well, my MIL will definitely love this. As it has rich aroma of black glutinous rice.
Groundnut Cream Soup (生磨香甜花生糊) - RM3.00 (each packet), RM3.30 (each container)
Groundnut cream soup is very rich and has a nice aroma of groundnut. It's improved from my last visit. As I believed that in my last visit, it has some burnt smell which lead to my gal reluctant to consume it further. But during this review, it tastes nice and creamy.
Kelp Red Bean Cream Soup (生磨海带红豆湖) - RM3.00 (each packet), RM3.30 (each container)
I like the red bean cream soup. This is something special. It is added with kelp. I never had kelp inside the red bean cream soup before. Usually will had it inside the soup. ^-^ Something new and special for me. 
Ginkgo Nut Barley Fungus Fu-Zhu Soup (白果薏米雪耳腐竹) RM3.50 (each packet), RM3.80 (each container)
This is also one of the normal desserts you will usually consume in normal household. There are several ingredients in there such as ginkgo nuts, barley, white fungus, and fu zhu.  I believed that's good for cooling effects of the body. ^-^
Tapioca Jelly BoboChaCha (香草薯粉条麽麽喳喳) - RM2.70 (each packet), RM3.00 (each container)
We were told that the green jelly was the popular item in the bobo cha cha here. Many people come here for this. And there are others color too. This is the hot version. And below were the ice version.
Tapioca Jelly BoboChaCha (香草薯粉条麽麽喳喳) ~ Ice Version
黑豆山药糙米粥 (黑豆, 山药, 莲子,海带,香菇,南瓜)全天然,无味精! RM4.50
There are different kinds of porridge offered by the shop. And every day they change to different porridge. And we were honour to try out the above porridge in our last review. And there are many ingredients in there such as black beans, kelp, mushroom, lotus root, pumpkin, lotus seeds and many more........ And most importantly, there are no MSG included. All were from the natural ingredients. I fall in love with it after I tested it. I cannot forget the tastes till today. I will certainly go back to try out different kind of porridge. ^-^
Sweet-i
Location: 727-F Jalan Sg. Dua, 11700, Gelugor, Penang.
GPS: N05.351361 E100.298500
It is just located opposite of Tesco Extra Sg. Dua. It shares the same row with the aquarium in the corner. If you know where the pasar malam was situated on every Saturday, you will know where this shop is located. ^-^
Tel: 012 - 4853627 (TA SOON and SY ONG)

4 comments:

Cokeworld Citizen said...

wah lao weh! after I leave USM baru ada tong sui stall ><

Pumpkin sago with coconut milk the best!

steve said...

Photos make this look great but I have to say that this type of cuisine is not my 'cup of tea'.

Thanks for the post and recommendation though as lots of my family and friends love this!!

Unknown said...

Cokeworld Citizen - Jian, they were there all the time. Just that they operates on a stall previously. Now move in a shop. ^-^

steve - You are welcome and thanks for dropping by. ^-^

Puppis said...

Hi
Can i know what is the operation hour?
Thanks

Blog Widget by LinkWithin